Legal orgs & businesses - what is what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kerts93, Sep 11, 2017.

1. kerts93

kerts93 Druid

This something I've been trying to figure out since I started GO Haulage Inc: What is being categorised as legal org and what is categories as business in FiveRP? To me it looks like extremely foggy border. As far as I know business is a sub-type of legal org.

Is the org system script (that currently is in the game with /createorg) meant for both (I see there is a BIZ flag existing https://forum.fiverp.net/threads/organization-design-documentation.13011/ ) ?

2. Topinambour

Topinambour Whatever
    Donator Ad Supporter

It's a very good question. Many things players do could very legitimately be called businesses, but it seems the "biz" flag and recognition as a business are only given to mostly bars and similar venues/enterprises :(
    It makes it a bit unclear.

3. kerts93

kerts93 Druid

Bars and similar venues/enterprises - exactly, those are in my mind businesses, they operate in one place and building. Other things I would call companies, corporations and since we have legal orgs & businesses I would categorise rest as legal org. Go Haulage, which is trucking company, I would put into legal org category, but everybody I have asked, says it's a business.

#3 kerts93, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
  4. kerts93

kerts93 Druid

5. Prae

Prae Sorcerer
    Ad Supporter

Personally, I'd call it both. The business is the location; the org is the people around it.

kerts93 likes this.
  6. Phleep

Phleep Assistant Operations Manager
    Assistant Manager Property Staff Organization Staff LSPD

A commercial property is a business. It's up to you to turn it into a legal org.
    • Rex's Diner and The Yellowjack Inn are examples of businesses.
    • A legal org is... well, it's an org that's legal. It doesn't incorporate illegal activities. Don't confuse a legal org with an official organization, like PD or FD.
    If you want to have your business run by a legal org, that's up to you. Businesses are businesses, orgs are orgs.

kerts93, Ethan and Fergie like this.
  7. DaHes

DaHes Moderator
    Moderator Donator Government LSFD

A legal organization is typically seen as the parent company to a business.

In D&H Auto's case, we used to be affiliated with the San Andreas Racing Association, which was a legal organization focused on creating legal street race courses and holding events like car meets, benefits, and other events.

D&H Auto is one of the businesses that spawned from the legal organization that was SARA. Once SARA's CEO decided to close it down, D&H became its own business. It is not a legal organization. Legal organizations would be along the lines of the Los Santos Fire Department, Law Firms, etc.

GoHaulage is a trucking company, not a legal entity. GoHaulage could be owned or a subsidiary of Starlight Investment Group, which could be considered a legal organization. Just like UPS is a Company, not an organization, businesses do exist without having a legal organization they're attached to.

Think American Red Cross
    National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
    Mothers Against Drunk Driving

There is a strong difference between legal organizations and illegal organizations. Illegal Organizations are groups of people that have formed and, from there, spawn businesses to act as legal (or illegal?) fronts for their illegal organization.

My two cents anyways based on my own experiences.

kerts93, K361 and Reezh like this.
  8. Marvis

Marvis Moderator
    Moderator Donator Ad Supporter

I would say Go Haulage would be a "legal organization" while any buildings or sub-companies they own would be categorized as "businesses".

kerts93 likes this.
  • About Us

FiveRP is a heavy text-based roleplay community for Grand Theft Auto V on PC. Drawing inspiration from successful SA:MP, MTA and ARMA communities, we bring together the best aspects of tried and tested roleplay conventions, to deliver a rich and diverse experience to the GTA V world.
  • Quick Navigation

• Like us on Facebook

• Keep the lights on!

We work really hard to bring you the best heavy roleplay experience in GTAV.

Donate to us!