Public Update #5 - "Platform Drama, Character Customization & Discord Improvements"

Discussion in 'Public Update Archive' started by Silent, May 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent

Silent Vash's One True Love
    Retired Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Written by @Silent - Public Update #5​

Introduction

Well, I was really trying to hold off on a public update until I had some HUGE news, but its one of those unexpected situations where it would be incorrect to not give you all an update on the server at this very point. While we await improvements on our platform *Insert Soon Meme Here* it seems some very large issues have arisen among the GTA:Network development & staff team which may even delay improvements. That aside we at FiveRP are still continuing as much behind the scenes work to improve our script. We have now released the first part of the customization features which will have a huge enhancement on the development and perception of individuals and the ability to top to bottom customize your character. Our lovely web development team have reworked our whole application system to provide an almost fully automated system to filter low-quality players out and get more high quality in! Users will now complete a set of random, challenging and varying multiple choice questions followed by a now REQUIRED character description process.

Platform Drama (GTA:Network)

Starting it off with the biggest issue on the list, the recent news surrounding GTA:Network staff and the new mod Grand Theft Multiplayer.

If you have not heard, late last week we received a thread providing information on the possibility of a large resignation of GTA Network staff.

"Last night the following people ( Msk, Chris, DurtyFree, Miss, razzkulz, Trust37 ) decided that they would not cooperate with Adam and other GTA:Network supporters"
    Source: https://forum.gtanet.work/index.php?threads/recent-staff-changes-and-news.4009/#post-17321

Which was then followed by a response over at GT-MP (The new platform set up by the names above)

"Dear Multiplayers,
    A thread on GTA Network's forum has popped up spewing accusations about Grand Theft Multiplayer and its staff team left and right. Now that thread is pure text and talk with no real evidence to back up what's being claimed. We, on the other hand, will provide screenshots and evidence where necessary to back up our claims and prove our side of the story legitimate."

Source: https://gt-mp.net/forum/thread/7-official-statement-regarding-recent-events/

Speaking on behalf of FiveRP, first and foremost we will not be taking any sides in the current situation. This means we are open to other mods, and will support the platform that provides the most stable and functional client, and the best experience for you, our players.

If you wish to discuss this then it's probably best to visit each mod's forums for which you can provide your own personal opinions.

FiveRP servers will continue to function as normal and will not be affected.

Application Changes

Jryd

Recently we've seen a huge rise in incoming players, which is great.

However, a side effect of the increase in our player base has been long waiting times for applications, and a large drain of staff resource to get through these.

With the goal being to vet players properly, but at the same time get them in-game quickly, we've revamped our application process slightly.

The new process involves a 33 question multichoice application. You can save your progress at any time, and if you don't get through it all or have troubling answering any questions then you can come back and pick up right where you left off.

Additionally, to counter the loss of the written aspect of the application process, character biographies are now mandatory. This allows us to ensure your spelling and grammar is up to scratch, whilst also allowing you to share a backstory to your character.

If your written application was pending, or required changes by you, we have moved you over to the new application process, and if your character was pending and didn't have a biography then you'll find we have sent it back to you (if your character doesn't have a biography, but is already approved then you will find that if you ever go to edit your character then you'll need to enter one).

All affected users have been emailed about this, and we do apologise for any inconvenience this causes anyone. We do hope you can appreciate that this helps you get in-game faster, though, and allows our moderators to better spend their time.

Source: https://forum.fiverp.net/index.php?threads/changes-to-the-application-process.8595/
    UCP Link: http://ucp.fiverp.net/

Business Applications Reopened

Bunny

Okay, we're doing it once more.
    Since we have an influx of new characters. You will only be eligible if you have more than 25 hours spent on the server between your characters.

Please copy the above form (it has been updated), fill it out, and send it to me in a private message. I will not be replying to any of these private messages. I will copy your letter over to our private section in which we will review each letter. Messages asking if we've received the letter will be ignored. If you wish to add business partners to the conversation, feel free to do so. Letters sent prior to this post will be ignored.

Please remember that just because you are applying for a business, does not mean you will receive it. If you do not receive one, you will not be informed.

This may end abruptly because I have no idea how many posts I'll be receiving, but I can guarantee it will last 48 hours.

Best of luck.

Read More: https://forum.fiverp.net/threads/letter-of-interest-business.5621/

[​IMG]

Follow us on

Instagram | Facebook | Steam | Discord | Twitch

Character Customization Phase 1 Implemented

21/APR/2017
    • Character Customizer. (GTAO and Peds alike) ***Everyone's skin will be reset to Michael.***
    -You will need to visit a clothes shop to buy yourself a skin (/buyskin).
    -There are 4 main shops, clothing, barber, tattoos, and surgery. Make sure to visit all four to get the full experience.
    -The commands remain the same. (/buyclothes, /changeface, /buyhaircut, /buytattoo)
    -Some variations are blacklisted so if something doesn't pop-up, this is most likely the reason.
    -You can save up to 10 outfits and load 10 outfits from either any shop, or from your home.
    • PD and Medics get their own uniform customizer at their local locations. (/pskin and /uniform) (Marked on the map)
    -You can save up to 5 different uniforms. Doing /pduty will load into your last used uniform.
    -You can only customize your clothes, your surgery/tattoos/barber preferences will carry over from your last used regular outfit.
    • /buyskin will now also show a menu so you can scroll through skins. *NOTE*: You can still do /buyskin [name] to get a skin.
    • /wardrobe command added to select outfits inside your own property.
    • Account Handler has been re-written. This should solve a big issue everyone has been having due to rapid re-logging.
    • CEF font errors have been fixed.
    • "FreeModeMale01" has been changed to "FreemodeMale01" to be consistent with "FreemodeFemale01"
    • /pduty now works better by automatically loading you into your uniform and de-loading you back into your outfit.
    • Login camera has been changed.
    • Methamphetamine usage has been properly added. (You can get 5000 extra player inventory slots. This count will decrease by 500 every 5 minutes.)
    • Fixed some objects showing up in the wrong dimension.
    • You cannot add duplicate contacts anymore.
    • You can /call and /sms by contact names inside your contact list.
    • Added /deleteallmessages to be able to delete all those pesky old messages.
    • /m for PD members now works near any police vehicle, including player owned police vehicles.
    • Added missing rental map icons. They are the orange car icons. (/rentveh)
    • You can interact with nearby ATM machines by doing /withdraw. ($500 maximum withdraw. You can only withdraw every 5 minutes)
    • You cannot /withdraw and /deposit from within vehicles anymore.
    • Characters are now semi-muted so they stop making comments and producing screams.
    • Added Taco, Burger, Sandwich, Water Bottle, Sprunk Soda, Ecola Soda, and Chocolate Bar to /store.
    • You will be penalized $250 for destroying a rental vehicle.
    • Internal fixes to code.
    • Misc. fixes to some features.
    Please be aware that the Character Customizer is using mostly an in-house sync system. If you encounter any loading issues/errors for your character or someone else's, let us know right away.
    (If the issue isn't bug-tracker worthy, you can PM it to me.)

Any updates that happened afterwards were hot-fixes for issues. Thank you all for enduring the first rough release.

Further Discord Improvements

This week Discord has been totally reworked, to combat spam bots and low quality conversations a new registration & rule system has been put in place. As we continue to grow the use of Discord will only grow larger, thus meaning we must ensure it is at tip top quality. Users joining will now be required to read the rules of the Discord and accept them.
    The HelpMe channel is slowly being improved to allow out of game help to be quick and easy.

Media Showcase

[​IMG]

Media Showcase

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Reezh

Reezh Salt Miner
    LS Transit LSFD Ad Supporter

Nicely written, but what is this video in the media showcase xD

SirPuglesworth and KrazyKazzyGuy like this.
  3. KrazyKazzyGuy

KrazyKazzyGuy Banned
    Donator Ad Supporter

That's literally my worst video and was just to test the Rockstar Editor lmao

delet this -_-

HOLIDAY FESTIVAL likes this.
  4. M52B28

M52B28 People's Champion
    Donator Ad Supporter

Is that video supposed to make you want to jump off that crane after watching it?

5. KrazyKazzyGuy

KrazyKazzyGuy Banned
    Donator Ad Supporter

Yes sir. But you gotta do it IRL

6. cracked

cracked i wish i had clout
    Donator

Ayyy my screenshot was put in there! Do I get content creator now? @Silent

7. Hubba

Hubba Banned
    Donator Founding Member

how to get content creator:

press f8

8. cracked

Donator

press record
    shoot someone
    put music on
    = content creator xdddd

M52B28 likes this.
  9. Hubba

Hubba Banned
    Donator Founding Member

or you can just press f8................

10. cracked

Donator

bruh thought u was tryin 2 roast me so i tried to roast back damn i feel mean if u was jus kiddin

11. Hubba

Hubba Banned
    Donator Founding Member

what.....................................................

Strickland likes this.
  12. cracked

Donator

idk man anyway yeah i mean like, when taking screenshots it takes time to find that perfect one that makes u go "thats a damn nice shot" almost like usin a camera and stuff

13. cracked

Donator

shut up

14. cracked

Donator

Honestly, stop acting cool. You really aren't.
    "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME I TYPE WITH PROPER CAPITALIZATION HURRRRR HURRRR DURRRRR" - You
    @FakeTrump

15. FakeTrump

FakeTrump Cadet

I don't act cool, I am cool.

Strickland and cracked like this.
  16. Nick Darlington

Nick Darlington Ph.D. in Memeing
    Donator Ad Supporter

Drama ruins everything, which is exactly why I hate Keemstar.

Vash Baldeus likes this.
  17. Crayons

Crayons Cadet
    Ad Supporter

It's good to see another update. Keep it up!

18. Silent

Silent Vash's One True Love
    Retired Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback :*

19. Froge

Froge Plebeian

I just want mod support for the client honestly, I don't wanna have to keep on using a method with openIV...

20. Strickland

Strickland Salty
    Ad Supporter

Put the openIV.asi into your GTA network bin folder. No more fuckery. It will automatically load mods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

FiveRP is a heavy text-based roleplay community for Grand Theft Auto V on PC. Drawing inspiration from successful SA:MP, MTA and ARMA communities, we bring together the best aspects of tried and tested roleplay conventions, to deliver a rich and diverse experience to the GTA V world.
  • Like us on Facebook