Vehicle Auctions

Discussion in 'Operations Announcements' started by Phleep, Dec 3, 2017.

1. gatormouth

gatormouth Game Master
    Game Master Organization Staff Property Staff Public Relations Staff Donator

One thing that people should probably start realizing. If a car doesn't fit your character, you probably shouldn't own it, even if you can afford it. I don't know anything about your character. But there is a wild jump between a Monroe and a Vacca.

It should probably be noted as well. Just because you put in for a vehicle, doesn't mean you'll actually get it. And I think in lieu of keeping any kind of auction up the notion of, these one off vehicles that are supercars or hypercars? You better have a mind blowing reason to actually own one other than, "I can afford it."

2. K361

K361 Christyyy
    Donator Recognized Organization Ad Supporter

Thats the mind of Christy. Remember it all started with your 7-70. Since then she didnt stop screaming until she got one. Honestly it doesnt matter which car fits whom. If something catches her eye she will have it. According to several people that know her...she was described as meth head lunatic with zero attention span. Phleep knows that as well.:) Though I meant it as joke as Monroe is what she wants as much as she wanted Sonny's 7-70 which she got at the end.

#22 K361, Dec 6, 2017 at 7:55 AM
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 8:00 AM
  3. Brunsauce

Brunsauce The Baldasarra Clan
    Donator

woah those RL prices are ridiculously high? 40 million for a veyron? 1.6m for an AC cobra?

Dude a nice AC cobra goes for 100-200k.

4. gatormouth

gatormouth Game Master

Eon likes this.
  5. Brunsauce

Brunsauce The Baldasarra Clan
    Donator

jesus, 1.6M for THAT? huhhhh..

6. gatormouth

gatormouth Game Master

So, something that could be considered here to stymie people putting in for some of these high end sports cars and hyper cars, and even some of the sports classics.

Have like an introductory tier of each of the vehicles.

So like with sports classics. Obviously people aren't going to immediately buy the top end, most exotic one that they can get their hands on. It's usually a gradual hobby that people pick up.

With sports/super cars, there should be an introductory set of vehicles as if to say that the high end dealerships are basically giving them the opportunity to represent the brand, should their RP actually fit it, and from then, they're eligible to go for higher tier cars and so on.

I feel like each tier, especially with the sports/supercars should take some heavy scrutiny. Like, I shouldn't be able to come buy say like a Tempesta, and then immediately since I own one already, I'd be able to buy a T20 if I was able to put the money together. Since it's an LOI, it should be easily trackable as to the duration that some of these cars have been owned.

Just a thought.

K361, Bombie and DaHes like this.
  7. DaHes

DaHes Game Master
    Game Master Public Relations Staff Donator Government LSFD

Agreed with @gatormouth. This is more of a chance for you to pickup a vehicle that suits the need for your character or your character's RP, not just collect on being "that person" with "that car".

If you've been RPing as a construction site supervisor, nows your chance to score that vanity vehicle for your RP. It isn't the chance for you to jump out of character and grab a Cheetah Classic.

Reezh and MaxDemone like this.
  8. j.p

j.p Revolutionist
    Donator

Only two Bugatti Type 57 (Truffade Z-Type) exist in the real world and Ralph Lauren sold his for $40 million in 2012 or so, so the value has probably gone up even more! And Gator already responded about the MkIII.

#28 j.p, Dec 6, 2017 at 3:55 PM
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 6:05 AM
  9. Nagita

Nagita The Mighty Baguette
    Donator LSFD Ad Supporter

And I think that's why real life equivalent's price is a criteria to Phleep, when it comes to put a price on a vehicle. That would avoid to have as many stupid-tier supercars as there are on GTA:O, for example. And if done right, even some cars shouldn't be available at all, because of their "concept car" label.

GamingNinjaSheep and j.p like this.
  10. Kalamity

Kalamity Kompassionate
    Content Team Donator LSFD Ad Supporter

What would be cool, however, is to do an carshow with some of the vehicles that would be too rare, unique or otherwise hard / absurd to obtain. I'd love to go see the batmobile.

11. deathzme

deathzme Tester
    Tester LSPD Ad Supporter

So does this mean I can finally get me that retro elegy for my "street racer/gear head" character I started the server with on January, and been trying to build up wealth just so I can score one if it ever went on auction. I want it for my character for its customization potential, specifically being able to gut the interior, and simply to have it because it has the same performance of a regular elegy but isn't a brand new expensive sports car. A sultan rs would also suit my needs. Are these valid reasons to request the retro elegy or sultan rs so I can finally rp my character right? I just want to know if these vehicles will be given out now with a LOI, since they are sports cars that fall to the middle tier of whats available right now from the dealerships in terms of performance.

12. Nagita

Nagita The Mighty Baguette
    Donator LSFD Ad Supporter

You have your answer on that bit of the OP.

• About Us

FiveRP is a heavy text-based roleplay community for Grand Theft Auto V on PC. Drawing inspiration from successful SA:MP, MTA and ARMA communities, we bring together the best aspects of tried and tested roleplay conventions, to deliver a rich and diverse experience to the GTA V world.
  • Like us on Facebook